Journal of
Faculty of Civil Engineering


FACULTY JOURNALS
SCIENTIFIC MEETINGS
ARCHIVE







JOURNAL OF FACULTY OF CIVIL ENGINEERING 34, 2018.y., pp. 91-99


URBAN DEVELOPMENT OF BOROUGH ČAJETINA 1826-1930.
 
DOI: 10.14415/zbornikGFS34.07
UDC: 711.3(497.11ČAJETINA)"18/19"
CC-BY-SA 4.0 license
Author : Kuzović, Duško
 
 Summary:
 A travel writer Joakim Vujić recorded in 1826 that he came to settlement Čajetina where local chief Jovan Mićić had his own house, consisted of several buildings. The seat of the district Čajetina was until 1845, when the office was moved to Užice. In 1863, Čajetina again became the seat of the district. Engaging individual opened the church (1892) and the school (1905). Čajetina was declared a borough in 1930. At that time the settlement had about 40 houses, 5 pubs, 3 shops and a bakery. Local health clinic building in Čajetina was built in 1940, the water supply enlargement in 1925, in 1927 the road to city Užice-Kraljeva Voda opened in 1931, and in 1938 was established cadastral administration.
 
 Keywords:
 boroughs in Serbia, urban development in the 19th century, urban development of Čajetina, urbanism in Serbia