Journal of
Faculty of Civil Engineering


FACULTY JOURNALS
SCIENTIFIC MEETINGS
ARCHIVE







JOURNAL OF FACULTY OF CIVIL ENGINEERING 21, 2012.y., pp. 159-166


CADASTRAL SURVEYS THE TOWN OF SUBOTICA THE 1838TH YEAR
 
UDC: 528.4 (497.113 Subotica) ”1838/1839”
CC-BY-SA 4.0 license
Author : Viktorija Aladžić
 
 Summary:
 First cadastral survey of the town Subotica was done in the period between 1838 and 1839. Royal commissar Sándor Kaszonyi ordered numbering of plots and giving names of the streets in 1836 in the royal free town of Maria Theresiopolis, today Subotica. Contract for a measuring of the town, fields and marshes was signed with the engineers Sándor Tóth and GáborAradszky in 1837. Engineers had obligation to make drawings, plans and cadastral books. The ordered job was completed in 1841. Cadastral books are saved in Historical Archives of Subotica, but the cadastral map was lost alredy during 19th century. According to the cadastral books it was possible to make reconstruction od the cadastral map which together with cadastral books are important historical source and testimony of the town development in the first half of the 19th century.
 
 Keywords:
 Cadastral map, urban planning, architecture, population, Subotica, 19th century